Are you facing the decision of whether to opt for dental implants or dentures? It’s a common dilemma for people with missing teeth, especially once they take the first steps toward restore their smile and improving their oral health. Both options have their own advantages, and the choice ultimately depends on your specific needs and preferences.
At Jax Dental Implants & Dentures in Jacksonville, FL, we understand the importance of finding the best solution for each person, and we’re here to guide you through the process so that you feel confident in your decision.
How Dental Implants Work
Dental implants are a remarkable advancement when it comes to tooth replacement options. They are essentially tooth-sized titanium posts that are placed into the bone, acting as artificial tooth roots. Your bone naturally fuses and integrates with the surface of each implant through a process called osseointegration. Once they’re fully integrated, your implants provide a stable foundation for prosthetic teeth, such as overdentures, hybrid implant designs, bridges, or single-tooth crowns. They’re extremely versatile, making them great for people who enjoy several options to choose from when they’re replacing missing teeth.
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures have been around for centuries, and for good reason. They’re affordable, fast, and reliable. Traditional dentures consist of a removable plate with artificial teeth attached to it. Dentures can be used to replace a few missing teeth (partial dentures) or a complete set of teeth (full dentures). Here are some key benefits for this conventional prosthesis design:
- Affordability: Dentures are generally more cost-effective than dental implants, making them a popular choice for those on a budget.
- Non-invasive: Unlike dental implants, dentures do not require any surgical procedures, aside from any dental extractions you need. This can be particularly appealing to individuals who are not suitable candidates for implant surgery due to certain medical conditions or bone loss.
- Versatility: Dentures can be easily adjusted or replaced as needed. If additional teeth need to be extracted in the future, it may be possible to modify your dentures without the need for extensive dental work.
Implants vs. Dentures in Jacksonville
At Jax Dental Implants & Dentures, we offer both implants and dentures to cater to the diverse needs of our patients. Both are excellent rehabilitation options, which is why we make both choices available. Here are a few factors to consider when deciding between implants and dentures in Jacksonville:
- Longevity: Dental implants are known for their exceptional durability and longevity. With proper care, they can last a lifetime. If you’re looking for a long-term solution that mimics the look and feel of natural teeth, implants may be the ideal choice. They tend to be a one-time investment and have the highest success rate of any modern-day dental restoration.
- Stability: Implants provide a stable and secure foundation for your new smile. Unlike dentures, which may sometimes slip or move while eating or speaking, implants offer enhanced stability, allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods and speak with confidence. Plus, they take up less space in your mouth, so they’re much easier to adjust to in regards to eating and speaking with them.
- Bone health: Dental implants stimulate the jawbone, preventing and slowing bone loss and maintaining the integrity of your facial structure. In other words, they delay the premature aging that typically accompanies tooth loss. This benefit is particularly important for individuals who have experienced significant tooth loss and want to preserve their oral health.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Choosing between implants and dentures is a decision that should be made in consultation with an experienced dental professional. At Jax Dental Implants & Dentures, our experienced team is dedicated to helping you achieve a beautiful and functional smile. During your consultation, we will evaluate your oral health, discuss your goals and preferences, and provide personalized recommendations based on your unique circumstances. You can count on us to give you the honest truth about pros and cons when it comes to dentures and dental implants.
Don’t let missing teeth hold you back another day. Contact Jax Dental Implants & Dentures in Jacksonville, FL, now to schedule a consultation.